Saturday, July 30, 2011

Minissha Lamba blasts her 'Bheja Fry 2' director


Minissha Lamba is miffed with Sagar Ballary, the director of 'Bheja Fry 2' and her forthcoming 'Hum Tum Aur Shabana', who has been reportedly bad-mouthing her.

Shocked and hurt, Minissha feels it is Ballary's attempt to publicise his films.

"I used to consider Ballary a friend. But if by maligning me he is trying to get publicity, then he's hardly a friend," she says.

Minissha also feels this is Ballary's way of getting even with his 'Bheja Fry 2' producer Mukul Deora, with whom Ballary was apparently at loggerheads during the shoot.

Ballary has accused Minissha of shooting a promotional video for 'Bheja Fry 2' behind his back.

Minissha retaliates: "I think I got caught in the cross-fire between Ballary and the producer of 'Bheja Fry 2'. Since he couldn't hurt the producer in any way, he has chosen to make me a scapegoat."

"If the producer asked me to do a video I'd naturally do it. Why was Ballary opposed to it? It's so sad I've done two films with him. I play the title role in 'Hum Tum Aur Shabana'. So how can he threaten to chop off my role?" Minissha asks.

Minissha believes Ballary should have been "more responsible" with his words.

Minissha replies, "I worked in two of his films. I did 'Bheja Fry 2' although I had a small role. I did it for Sagar Ballary. And this is what he does!"

"I can understand him wanting publicity for his film. But at my cost? Not by destroying my reputation," she insists.

"If Sagar Ballary had a problem with me, he could've told me personally about it. It takes years to build a friendship. It takes just a few careless remarks to ruin it," Minissha says.

After Ballary's outburst, Minissha has not bothered to get in touch with him. "What is there to ask him? Does he feel negative publicity would help the film? I've spoken to the producer and he's pretty upset."

Minissha is equally aghast at reports suggesting her rivalry with Pia Trivedi during the making of 'Hum Tum Aur Shabana'.

"Pia is a lovely girl and she has a wonderful role in 'Hum Tum Aur Shabana'. I had absolutely no problems with her during the film," the actor clarifies.

"I am playing the title role, so why should I get insecure? I've worked in a film like 'Bachna Ae Haseeno' which had Bipasha Basu and Deepika Padukone. So what's there to be insecure about?" retorts Minissha.

No comments:

Post a Comment